RE: harmonic balancer shift

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: harmonic balancer shift
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:36:24 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

One more data point - you can buy NEW harmonic dampeners. I purchased from
APT (www.aptfast.com), but it had what looked like a Moss part number on
it, so Moss might have 'em too.

Regarding "dropped" dampeners. I'd be really careful about re-using one of
these things that's been dropped. Vance is right, they break very easily.
If you plan to turn your motor loose from time-to-time, shrapnel from a
broken harmonic dampener can make a realy mess of your engine compartment
(not to mention _you_ if you happen to have the bonnet open when the thing
breaks).

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx