RE: Early distrubtor on later carb engines

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Early distrubtor on later carb engines
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:54:03 -0400
Vance, thanks for the encouragement and the info.

First of all I removed the retard from the dizzy and eliminated the
retard port on the rear carb when it was rebuilt so my contribution to
the atmosphere is that I drive my TR6 less than 1000 miles a year most
years..

Regarding :This should get the dizzy aligned properly for you.

Thanks for the procedure and it will be a good start if I can get the
thing physically oriented but I assume this is not going to make the car
run any better so I am still looking at either a defective unit, a
poorly rebuilt unit (quite possible, I did it) or an incompatible unit
that needs to be modified for this engine (weights, springs etc). I will
be happy to pursue all of the above if there is an advantage to doing it
at the end of the day.

My feeling is that getting the extra advance from the vacuum advance on
a 1974.5 motor is a good thing and it is worth sticking with this.

Stan