new member/question

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: new member/question
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:56:10 -0500
Let's try this again (forgot to convert the message to Text instead of HTML
last time!).

First off, greetings from a new member.  I am a fairly new owner of an English
white 1974 1/2 TR6.  My father, who
owned a nice TR6 back in the late 1970's, and I purchased it as a bit of a
father/son project.  She's in pretty good
condition, just needs the normal preventative maintenance/restoration stuff, a
little TLC, and other work to "make her
ours."  I figured on top of all the manuals and books I've already purchased,
this would be a good additional resource.

So that brings me to my question. In all of the work I've done on the car up
until now, I've been able to find all the
parts I've needed in TRF, Victoria British, and Moss.  However, one simple
little part has alluded me.  I need to
replace the black plastic tip on the end of the highlight dimmer switch.  I've
not seen if for sale in Victoria British
nor Moss and TRF indicated that they don't have them (since they get their
replacement dimmer switches from a
manufacturer as one whole unit).  Would anyone know where I could find this
part?  Thanks.

John V.

Hilliard, OH