Roller rocker problems!!

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roller rocker problems!!
From: "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:40:14 -0700
A couple of weeks ago the magnetic drain  plug for my oil pan picked up a
very small set screw.   After performing "Zen" and the TR6 visualization of
the engine interior, I recalled the roller rockers having the small screw.
I took off the valve cover and one roller rocker had a screw missing.
I next checked the other rockers and all screws were in place and tight.
While tightening them I found two problems.  Many of the rollers had flat
spots or ridges were the roller wore in the center of the roller.  I removed
the rockers yesterday and also found three of the rockers has pins wear
causing the roller to move in the rocker, the worst about 1/16".  I had
thought the valves were getting noisier!!
I'm going to try and disassemble the three loose ones to try and figure out
why they loosened up.

To others running the rockers, better check them out.  I don't think they'll
fail in a catastrophic way but you need to see where your's are at.

John