RE: Da missing brake fluid

To: "'6pack List'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Da missing brake fluid
From: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:17:12 -0600

Not sure how long ago this experience occurred but when I needed a new brake
MC Apple not only supplied one with a stepped sleeve (that's why the price
was for 2 bores vs. the simpler single bore MCs), they also sold me one with
original ID dimensions for $10 more. I specifically requested this so that
rebuild kits would be straight forward to get if I ever needed one (so far I
haven't, knock on wood). Furthermore, I seem to recall they were also
offering stainless steel sleeves if requested, I stayed with the default
brass.

I haven't confirmed that they sent what I ordered (never had to disassemble
it so far) but I assume they would not mis-represent their products. FWIW,
this was May 1998 and the part number was MC0989 ($115 + $30 core charge).
Perhaps they've changed their policies?

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO