Re: E85 rubber bits +

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: E85 rubber bits +
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:29:59 -0700
Rob---SU's have their diaphragms submerged in fuel, but the factory
TRsix that have the ZS carbs should not have theirs exposed to fuel. The
fuel pumps are another matter, and again would take some research or
experimenting to see the long term affects of alcohol exposure.

I've heard that the soybean coversion to diesel fuel is already
underway! With the price of diesel runnng ahead of gasolne, even used
Mickey D oil is being looked at!

Dick

Rob wrote:
Dick,
I live in corn country (central Illinois) and E85 is 85% ethanol, which
is a good combination from a local viewpoint.

I hadn't heard about the possibility of aluminum bits not liking it but
was wondering more about the rubber bits, such as the diaphragm in the
carbs and the fuel pump.

I like your suggestion of dropping the bits in glass jar and will try
that before I experiment on the car.

Hmmmm.   The other crop that grows here is soybeans, I wonder about
biodiesel in a TR6....
Rob