Re: 1976 TR6 Frame Off Restoration

To: Cary Henry <caryhenry@hotmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1976 TR6 Frame Off Restoration
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:18:44 -0700 (PDT)
Cary:

Based on the experience I had with my first TR6 back in the 70's I suspected
they ALL were given a good salt water soaking at the factory before being
shipped. That car rusted in every corner of every panel! Thankfully my current
car is much better!

My concern would be getting the car dry as soon as possible, but with
everything else you have to deal with with following the flood I'd imagine
that's way down on the priority list! A garage with a dehumidifier would be
ideal, if that's possible.

$1200 seems like a reasonable amount if you planned on doing a body off anyway.
If the car isn't missing anything big that price is probably okay. You can
always ask the insurance company if they'll take less! It's not like they're
gonna have a lot of offers for the car.

Jim