RE: Hardtop Prep - headliner

To: Steven Altomare <gtg124h@mail.gatech.edu>,
Subject: RE: Hardtop Prep - headliner
From: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:05:16 -0700 (PDT)
> Whenever I hear anything about the headliner I always hear that its hard to
> install.  It doesn't look that bad, is it really that tough to install?

I worked from the front to the back when I installed mine. The majority of it
looks great. The problem arose when I got to the area that transitions from the
roof to the small strips that run between the quarter windows and the rear
window. It was like there wasn't quite enough material to go around, or it was
cut at the wrong angle. Or more likely I just didn't know how to pull it right
to make it look good. I ended up with a couple of small tears in the fabric at
the transistion area. You have to go looking for the tears when you're sitting
in the car, but when the top is off they are quite obvious.

Kendall