Monza exhaust rubber bushings problem

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Monza exhaust rubber bushings problem
From: Harry White N1QVE <harry15@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:57:37 -0400
Friends,
I replaced the broken and missing rubber bushings on the 88-1287 Monza
dual exhaust on my '75 TR6 yesterday. After a cruise today, I came home
and they were all missing, with some broken pieces melted onto the top
of the mufflers. What did I do wrong? Did I overtighten them, fracture
them, and the heating split them? There are two bushings per mount, and
they face each other with a reduced-diameter section that I believe goes
through / next-to the bracket. All 4 pairs of bushings failed.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Harry

'75 CF31127U

--