Re: Motor mounts

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Motor mounts
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:24:57 -0700
 Walt---If you do only one mount exchange at a time, the pan won't be
supporting too much weight. Any buffing material between the pan and the
trolley jack should leave the pan without damage.

There are motor mounts being sold for the TR6 that would leave the
engine sitting higher than stock. Compare the design of the one removed
to the new one. If the new mount is too high, it can cause interferrence
with the lower steering shaft.

Dick

 Walt wrote:
Subject: TR6 Motor mounts
List:
I have a set of new motor mounts to install on my '72 TR6. The procedure
seems pretty straight forward but I'm concerned about potential damage
to the oil pan while supporting the engine. Any tips beyond using some
substantial 4X4 pieces and specific placement of same under the pan?
Thanks,
Walt Fogle
'72 TR6