Re: Dorr chrash pads

To: JOHN JOHNSON <john70350@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Dorr chrash pads
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:37:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, JOHN JOHNSON wrote:

> Hey Guys, I have to replace my door crash pads, any 'insider' advice before
> I tackle this job? Thanks.

If you have an "early" car with the door pull molded in, make sure that
you get the absolute best possible bond between the crash pad and the door
metal. That means - make sure it's not too humid or too cold so that the
contact cement will actually hold.

In either case (of early or late), trial fit a number of times before you
glue, because if you do wind up getting a good bond once you do glue, it's
pretty hard to get the parts apart to fix things if something slips in the
process.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx