Not quite overheating, but...

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Not quite overheating, but...
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:01:46 -0400
I am experiencing an issue that I once again am calling upon the list for a
solution.  Heres the situation.  I have modified my TR6 with the following
recently:

9.5:1 or so head

16 Perma-cool fan used as a pusher  original mechanical fan removed.

Copper head gasket

If I start up the car and let it idle in the driveway with the hood up then
the temperature gauge remains exactly in the middle and never moves.
However if I close the hood and let the car remain idling then the temp
gauge climbs upwards towards the > range.

The outside temperature currently is 75F so its not exactly broiling hot.

I did check the timing and it is set at 8-10 BTDC.

Ideas?

Thanks,

R. Ashford Little II

'70 TR6 <http://www.ralittle2.com/>