RE: Recovering Dash/radio support frame TR250/TR6

To: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Recovering Dash/radio support frame TR250/TR6
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:34:04 -0700
        Robert/Don:

        You apply the contact cement to both surfaces. Then you cut up a
trash can liner, and apply it in pieces to the cover so that the contact
cement is sticking to the trash can liner, and you can remove the liner
one section at a time. (The contact cement will not stick to the trash
can liner).
        Fit the cover to the support, MAKING CERTAIN THAT IT IS IN THE
CORRECT POSITION. Pull one piece of trash can liner at time from between
the support and the cover. If the cover is in the wrong position when
you do this, then you are "stuck". (Hah-hah-hah! I crack myself up!) You
will not be able to reposition the cover once you remove the trash can
liner.
        Use a heat gun to soften the cover edges and wrap the surplus
vinyl around the edges, and to soften any stubborn areas that will not
conform to the support.

        Cheers,

        Vance