Oil Sump Drain Thread

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Sump Drain Thread
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 17:58:01 -0400
Hi All,

I bought one of those magnetic drain plugs for the sump.  It has one of
those toroidal copper crush washers.  I don't seem to be able to get this
new drain plug to go in more than a few threads.  What is the thread for the
drain?  I was thinking of running a tap through it.  I think the threads may
have been crossed at some point in its life.

Regards,
John Cyg

New rear main engine seal is in! Engine plate has been stripped and painted
with POR-15.  What kind of grease for the pilot bushing??
CC52927LO