Trailing Arm Bracket Differences

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trailing Arm Bracket Differences
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 15:50:20 -0500
In the process of re-doing my rear suspension, I noticed that the right side
inner bracket has three notches and the outer one has one. I have read that
this is the "normal" set up. However, on the left side, both brackets have only
one notch.

I've driven the car several thousand miles and have never noticed anything
"abnormal" about the handling. I have paper work showing a 4 wheel alignment
was done some 8 years ago, just prior to my buying it. Tire wear has been even,
if not perfect on both sides.

Does having a one notch on the left inside bracket change the wheel's camber or
toe or does it alter it's height?

Robert Fabie
bfabie@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.