RE: Steering Wheel

To: Rod Anderson <rod_anderson_99@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Steering Wheel
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 07:29:46 -0700
>===== Original Message From Rod Anderson <rod_anderson_99@yahoo.com> =====
>Listers:
>
>  I have been considering a smaller steering wheel.  I noticed that Moto-Lita
wheels are available at a competive price in both 13" and 14" diameters.

>  What the experience with the smaller wheels, in terms of steering effort,
road feel, etc.?

>  BTW, my primary reason for the smaller steering wheel to get more legroom
(I'm 6'3).

>  Thanks in advance,
>
>  Rod
>  1974 TR6

I've been using a 14" Moto-Lita for about 6 years. The extra thigh clearance
was indeed nice. The steering effort did increase but not much. But then
again, upper body strength is something I do not lack. The thirteen however
could be a little much unless you also fit a quicker ratio steering rack. IMHO

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)
http://www.triumphowners.com/690  (1980 TR8)