Re: clutch woes

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch woes
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:28:04 -0800
Mark---The inner race of the Gunst bearing should be .062 below the
"nose" of the bearing,which should normally be well below touching the
diaphragm fingers. (At least on the Borg&Beck cranked fingered pressure
plate)

If you have another brand, I guess the fingers could reach below the
bearing nose and contact the race.

Just to make sure you have the Gunst bearing, the highest point of the
OD at the bearing nose where it should make contact with the fingers
measures 2.340. +/- .030 as this covers a flat circle.

That's all I can offer at this time. I have never seen (or heard) what
you describe.

Dick Taylor