Re: triple strombergs

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: triple strombergs
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:37:34 -0600
we did it.  wow.  it made a huge difference in power and top end, and that
is with a stock cam.  so, guess what.  now the engine is apart and we're
putting in a mild cam, shaving the head (up to 9.7), and porting the valves.
its 30 over bore i believe.  i had a guy make a stock looking filter cover
as described in the 6 pack mag some issues back.  cost me way too much;
should have just gone with the k&n filters with the covers.  (oh, yeah, also
went K&N).  absolutely a good decision!  and while i'm singing the praises
of richard good, we also replaced the front bar and added a rear, as well as
lowering the car with his springs.  again wow.  what a difference.  took a
tail happy car and made it really hard to break the rear end loose.
handling is 100 times better.