Re: Red Line Options

To: <TR6UO@aol.com>, <Pimento73@aol.com>, <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>,
Subject: Re: Red Line Options
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 10:17:06 -0400
Hi All-

The Coker Redline is different than the Michelin X Redline. They claim it
has a modern construction.

By less expensive we are talking $125ea vs $179 for Michelins.  They have
comedown in price.
http://www.coker.com/store/customer/search.php?size=185R15

I had an original Goodyear G800 in my spare well, but it was beat.  I
pitched it with my worn out Michelins. That Goodyear G800 had a channel
routed in the sidewall and it was the redline.  Kelsey Tire makes vintage
Goodyear tires, but not the G800.  However, they seem to make a tire for the
Corvette that has a redline. I am not sure of the technology (radial or bias
ply). I just now had a message from John Kelsey.  G800s are NLA.

The other option seems to be the Diamondback Outfit.  It looks like they
take a modern tire (mostly Firestone it seems) and vulcanize a redstripe on
to the wall of the tire. We seems to be talking $149/corner for a 205-75R15.
Anybody have any experiance with Diamondback?

John Cyg.