I love my Triumph but...

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: I love my Triumph but...
From: "Jamie Palmer" <tr6driver@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 22:57:14 -0400
Ok, I've got two for you, one oddball and one "normal" choice...and they're
both tied together.  (1)  A TR-8 convertible, working A/C and some mild
suspension modifcations.... (2)An early 60's Apollo GT...vastly underrated
US/Italia effort to build a Ferrari fighter on a budget.  Used the Buick 215
V-8!...thus the connection.  I fell in love with the car when the "bad guys"
drove one in "The Love Bug" as I was growing up.  You can see a picture at
<http://www.concorso.com/website%20updates/images/big/winner05_MotorTrend.jpg>;
you wouldn't get one that nice for the $25k, but there have been nice ones on
eBay for <$20k.

Of course, being a realist, I'd stick with what I've got and build a second
garage with the $25k!

Jamie Palmer
tr6driver@earthlink.net
1972 TR6 (under restoration)
1963 Italia 2000 GT (awaiting 2nd ground up restoration)
1967 Triumph 2000 Mk. I Estate soon to be daily
driver<http://2000estate.blogspot.com>