RE: [TR] 236 mile brand new TR6?

To: "Bob Labuz" <yellowtr@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] 236 mile brand new TR6?
From: "Stephen Halkett" <Stephen@silex.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:38:51 -0400
FWIW...I saw this car just after it was listed and could not
resist...called the dealer to ask a couple of questions...he noted that
there has been quite a bit of interest and excitement around these
cars... if you can believe it he also has a red 76 with even less miles
on the clock. (FYI...he suggested the buy price might be around 34.5K on
the white car and the red car might be sold).

Very interesting story - the original owner bought these two new TR6 and
two VW convertibles, drove them to the storage spot and let them sleep.
There was a lot of hubbub at the time (1976-ish) on convertibles being
phased out for safety reasons...perhaps this fellow was a
speculator....The fellow I spoke with at the dealership was quite
personable and a definite Porschephile to say the least. He noted that
the cars did need a bit of tlc to get them going (carbs) as expected but
they are quite good now.

Out of my (our) price range, but one can dream...

Stephen.

On Thursday 01 June 2006 10:25 am, Joe Merone wrote:
> Has anyone see this listing on EBAY for the supposedly brand new 1976
TR6?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Triumph-TR6_W0QQitemZ4643269321QQcat
ego
>ryZ80757QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
> Look legit?  Do these "stored away all these years" stories still
exist out
> there?
>
> Joe Merone
> CF18928U

Joe,

>There was one listed this time last year from the north west,
Washington I