RE: Fuel Line

To: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Line
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:53:56 -0700
        John:

        Classic Tube (www.classictube.com) makes the hard fuel line for
the
engine compartment (carbs to pump).
For the soft lines, the tubing is available from any auto parts store.
        If you are talking about the hard line from the tank to the
engine
compartment, you will need to fabricate your own (not difficult). The
factory one is steel, but you can use soft copper from a plumbing supply

store, or you can get some coiled steel tubing, once again from classic
tube or other supplier.
        I took mine apart, cleaned them, and burnished them with steel
wool. I did not find that the insides were rusty, so it seemed to me
that reusing them was safe. The outsides looked pretty grungy before I
cleaned them up.

        Vance