Re: Booster blues

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, vance.navarrette@intel.com
Subject: Re: Booster blues
From: MTRsix71@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:37:37 EDT
<Snip>
So a question:  I have the vacuum pipe routed in an unusual manner  to
hide it as much as possible. I run it along the firewall by the  throttle
shaft, under the servo and then up the side between servo and clutch  MC.
To connect with the hose, I have turned the servo's hose barb to  point
down and to the right (about 4:30 position) instead of the normal  9:00
position. Is there some reason this could cause a  problem?

Mark,
How you have your vacuum hose routed should not cause any problems as long
as there is no leak and it is not exposed to any high heat zones for premature
deterioration. Turning the barbed fitting on the booster housing should not
be a  problem either as long as it is still sealed. It has a simple push in to
fit  claw attachment.

Luckily I was able to have PARTCO do my rebuild before they closed shop and
I have not had any issues as of yet, but only have put about 600 miles since
reinstalled. I have read that local diesel truck shops may be able to rebuild
the booster. I really have no other suggestion for another vendor to rebuild
the  TR6 booster. Maybe others will chime in. Good Luck.
MRankin