Re:Clutch pedal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Clutch pedal
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:30:47 -0700
 Paul---The early TR six had a carbon-like bushing in the ends of the
clutch and brake pedal cross shaft. Unfortunately, they tend to
disintegrate rather than wear as a metal bushing would. The fix is easy
enough, by taking out the pedal box and replacing them. I believe the
later TR metal bushings will fit. I think it would be more work to D&T
for a Zerk to get temporary relief from the binding you now feel.

Dick
CF11143

From:
britishcars@shaw.ca(PG)

Hello All,
I have a 68 TR250
When I depress the clutch pedal, the lever "binds" on the rod that goes
through it and the brake pedal. It is not serious just a little
discomforting.
I think that there is a bushing that might be worn.
Rather than taking the entire thing apart to fix, I was thinking of
drilling a hole, inserting a grease zurk and pumping it full of grease..
Does anybody have any experience in this area.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Paul