RE: Moss Supercharger HP gains (LONG)

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick
Subject: RE: Moss Supercharger HP gains (LONG)
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:28:39 -0600
>===== Original Message From tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor) =====
>Vance writes: (Indented paragraphs)
>                Dick:
>                Thinking about the
>seemingly low HP gains, I would think that for 6 lbs of boost the final
>HP would be ((6lbs + 14.7lbs)/14.7lbs) * 105 HP = 148 HP

Don't forget the biggest determiner of those numbers. The instrument measuring
the output and generating the numbers. If the dynos are not the same unit (at
least the same model by the same manufacturer and calibrated equally) then
there will be a discrepancy. The measurement standards have also been going
through some changes lately. Either way, the dyno basically gives you a best
guess to compare A to B.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)