Re: Universal Joints

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Universal Joints
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 23:38:22 -0700
 Chris---Do not disturb the large, center nut. Just remove the six nuts
that hold the hub to the trailing arm. Remove any wire or tie wrap
holding the rubber boot to the sliding shaft, and pull the hub with
attached U-joint out thru the trailing arm opening.
Note that on most of these axles there is a major spline key that can
only be fitted one way upon reassembly. (Some aftermarket splined shafts
do not have this feature, so care must be taken to return it in the same
orientation)

Dick

 Subject: Universal Joints
Hi guys !
I am replacing my u - joints and have the inner one ( closest to the
diff ) off. HOW do I get the outer ( closest to the wheel ) off ? Do I
remove the large single nut on the hub and remove the 6 nuts which
support the plate ? Bentley does not give me enough information or maybe
I am missing it.
Thanks and Cheers !
Chris