Re: slight stumble

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: slight stumble
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:39:33 -0700
Colin---Stumbling just off of idle is a sign of low or no oil in the
carbs, which can cause a lean fuel mix. Check the carb dampers, first.

Dick

From:
colinthom@shaw.ca(COLIN THOM)

 Hi Listers, my 75 TR6 ocassionally stumbles a bit leaving a dead stop.
Otherwise, idle is smooth as silk, throttle response is good and it runs
like a top. Once, when it lurched a bit worse than normal and one tire
even chirped, I think I heard a backfire through the carb? Timing?
Thanks in advance. Colin