Re: Mallory distributors and electronic tachometers, 2

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mallory distributors and electronic tachometers, 2
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:53:10 -0700
Vance---Fixing the cause of the mechanical advance not working is the
best way to go. I was giving a bandaid solution so he could drive the
car in the interim.

Engine's being difficul to start when the spark is advanced at idle is
mostly an old wives tale. It goes back to when super-high compressions
were being  used.  With no bleed-down from a performance cam, it might
be slightly noticeable that the timing is advanced, but the engine
should easily start. Gone are the days of the 6V system, when all of
this came about.

Try advancing the spark way up on your engine, just to see!

Dick