spare carbs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: spare carbs
From: "Dr L. Kevin McNelis" <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 11:49:10 -0600 (MDT)
All seriousness aside-  DPO converted to Webers.  I can't convert back
without buying the intake manifold, and I don't really care to.  In a
box of stuff he gave me with the car is a pair of Stromberg 175-CD2
carbs.  I know nothing about their rebuild history or condition, except
they look fine on the outside.  They are clean, and all the moving
external parts do move.

I looked on E-bay, and saw a pair for $500.00, no takers.  I'm
gonna put my pair on e-bay, what are they REALLY worth?  What should my
minimum be?

Kevin
All seriousness aside-  DPO converted to Webers.  I can't convert back
without buying the intake manifold, and I don't really care to.  In a
box of stuff he gave me with the car is a pair of Stromberg 175-CD2
carbs.  I looked on E-bay, and saw a pair for $500.00, no takers.  I'm