Heat Shield

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Heat Shield
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 19:18:04 -0400
    I put Joe Alexander's heat shield on the six today, but then
wondered if I should have a gasket on each side of of the shield.  It's
really a nice piece of work and seems to improve idle quality after an
extended run.   Thanks for any help.
     Yesterday, I took my first extended road trip since the car was
finished and the engine rebuilt.  I ran for almost 4 hours, all
secondary road travel, up through the north western hills of
Connecticut.  I wanted to go to the American Lemans race at Lime Rock,
but it was just so beautiful driving, that we kept going. Made 180 mile
loop back to southern CT.  There were LBC's out in force all over our
route.  Only used 7 gallons of gas, which isn't bad considering the GP2
cam and 1.65:1 rockers and milled head. My wife also commented that once
she settled in, the car was more comfortable to ride long distances in
than her 300M. I had a trunk full of extra parts and didn't need any of
them.  Im just sooooo glad the rain finally stopped.  Thanks again.
John  Mitchell    76 TR6