frozen trunnion bolt

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: frozen trunnion bolt
From: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:41:52 -0400
    Good Day to the list

        In the course of disassembling the left front suspension of the TR6,
I have run into a roadblock. The bolt that runs through the lower control
arms and the trunnion is frozen. The nut and rear arm came off without any
problem. The bolt and trunnion, however, are stuck together. The assembly
turns, so it is free through the front arm. Anyone have any ideas as to how
to free the bolt from the trunnion; or vice versa? I have had the unit
soaking for 24 hours and will try to separate them when I go out to the
garage. I thought of a little judicious heat on the trunnion, but am VERY
nervous about it. The trunnion is brass, is it not, and would deform EASILY
with too much heat (besides being very soft material). ALL ideas are
welcome. Thanks to all..........Jim