Re; MSD 6A

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re; MSD 6A
From: "mjmullin@juno.com" <mjmullin@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:35:31 GMT
Chris:
I installed an MSD 6A on the advice of my machinist who recommended some sort
of rev control for the new motor.  The most noticable difference was that the
engine would want to die at idle on hot summer days, and now it idles fine no
matter what.  We hooked the car up to an engine analyzer (oscilloscope?) and
you could see the spark plugs firing 5 or 6 times per cycle.  The only
downside is that my original unit crapped out after about ten years, so I'm on
#2 now....the kits come with short jumper wires for the coil so you can covert
back to a normal ignition quickly.  I think that there are some fairly large
capacitors inside the unit that get hot.
For what it's worth....
Matt Mullin - 6-PACK Chairman