RE: HELP Camshaft Stuck

To: caryhenry@hotmail.com (Cary Henry)
Subject: RE: HELP Camshaft Stuck
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:00:00 -0700
 Cary---If the block is also chewed up from where the cam has ridden,
then you'll need to have this area bored out and cam bearings pressed
in. To get the cam out, drastic measures may be required. Try taking out
the plug at the back of the block, which will expose the leading end of
the cam. After lining up the cam as best you can, use a sawed off broom
stick and hammer to "tap" out the cam towards the front of the block.

I assume the cam followers have been removed.

Dick

From:
caryhenry@hotmail.com(Cary Henry)

Well, it appears as though the problem is with the second to last
journal surface. The cam journal is so chewed up that you can barely see
the remnants of what used to be the oil supply groove. I believe the
last journal is hanging up on this surface as I am trying to remove the
cam. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the cam. Will using a
BFH make the situation worse. Thanks for the help.... Cary Henry