Re: [TR] dispatch from Dallas

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] dispatch from Dallas
From: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 19:50:12 -0700 (PDT)
update on VTR for those interested:

  yes, its been hot but supposed to cool down tomorrow (Sat).

  we have about 150+ cars, including three Southern Crosses, two of which are
also Glorias, numerous spitfires including one with an s2000 engine and
corvette rear end which is wayyyy to tail happy - you should have seen him on
the autocross - maybe he's really a drifter - plus many tr2, 3,4,250, 6, gt6, a
couple stags, and the Kansas Vitesse who won the autocross at Branson.

  we had a gimmick rally, a time/distance/speed rally, and the autocross.  plus
a breakfast run, a couple ice cream run, and tonight's dinner choices.
tomorrow morning is the concours, held at a polo grounds on the grass, plus of
course the final banquet.  we've been supplying bottles of water, ice, and
general good cheer to our many guests.

  there has been plenty of covered parking for all cars in the hotel garage.
we've had a couple breakdowns, but mostly everyone and their cars have held up
well.  i think its been a good one for the participants, and i hope the texas
hospitality has shown through!

  as soon as i find out where the pictures will be posted i will let you know.

Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I was driving in to work this morning headed in to Dallas and saw a yellow
spitfire with Oklahoma plates southbound on I35E. I assume it was headed for
VTR (are you on this list?).