Re: dipsticks - redux

To: jimjcmo@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dipsticks - redux
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:58:58 -0400
 Jim,

 I have seen this topic come up every now and again. When I replaced mine, I
soaked it in oil a little bit, then really worked it on the dipstick, then
worked the dipstick in the oil tube and twisted back and forth to help it
"seat". Then when I refilled my engine after an oil change I put in the
appropriate amount of oil in the car and noticed where it read on the dipstick
after the engine had run for a bit and then the oil had a chance to settle to
the bottom. This became my "full" mark on the dipstick. I then just made sure
the dipstick was kept about up to that level. It will take a little bit of time
but before long the level will be about right on the dipstick. Make sense?

 Aaron
    Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
 http://www.triumphowners.com/108