Tempeture Gauge Trouble HELP!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Tempeture Gauge Trouble HELP!
From: "John Johnson" <john70350@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:14:19 +0000
Hi List, The other day my temp gauge and fuel gauge stopped working, so I
replaced the voltage stabilizer. They still do not work, with the ignition
on I get 9.6 volts at the temp sending unit and 10.2 at the gauge from the
voltage stabilizer. When I unhook the temp sending unit wire my fuel gauge
works again. When I ground out the temp gauge sending unit the temp gauge
goes to the 1/4 mark only. I have good voltage in the sending unit wire. I
could not tell which way the wires hooked up on the back of the temp gauge,
did'n't matter either way.Is my gauge bad, is the sending unit bad? Thanks,
John