TR6 Tonneau Cover On For First Time in Many Years

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR6 Tonneau Cover On For First Time in Many Years
From: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 23:29:18 -0700
After 45 minutes of pulling, stretching and some unpleasant words I got the
tonneau cover on the car for the first time since I've owned it. I have no
idea why I decided to try this at 10 PM at night. Turns out I am missing 5
fasteners, four all in a row on the passenger side (only the front one is
there) and one in the middle on the driver side. I have yet to get the
middle back fastener to snap shut but it's very close. I figure by tomorrow
morning it should have stretched out enough for me to do this.

What is the strap for that is underneath the middle of the passenger side
next to the zipper? I moved it around the inside of the car and nothing
obvious jumped out on what it was suppose to connect to. I'm guessing that
it should be connected to something when I'm driving with just the passenger
side covered. Maybe down by the passenger seat floor? Didn't think to look
there.

I was pleasantly surprised that with the exception of the missing fasteners
it is in really good shape, no rips, holes or discollorations. I'll look
tomorrow to see where I can find the fastener's. Anyone have a good source?

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U
http://www.triumphowners.com/798