TR6 springs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 springs
From: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 10:53:37 -0400
Good Day listers! I don't know if any have are aware of the heat in Pa., but
we are sweltering. TOO hot in fact, to go to work in the Harley plant here
(as far as I am concerned). That will not, however, prevent me from working
on the TR; I HAVE to dso something with my free day!! A question about
replacing the springs. I have two sets; one stock and the other "uprated".
The "uprated set has one less coil than do the stockers. The height of the
fronts of both sets are the same; the rears of the "uprated" are 3/4"
shorter than the stockers. The coil diameter is the same at 13MM or  1/2".
My question is, and I cannot make up my mind, which set to use? How does the
list vote? I will be using the car for the classic sunny weekend drive, and
would appreciate good handling through the "twisties". I am
renewing/upgrading the entire suspension system with nylatron bushes, all
new joints, new shocks and the tube shock conversion for the rear. I think
that covers all of the particulars. How do you vote? Please respond off list
to me at jrmcarthur@verizon.net. Thank you all!