Re: Acceleration Hesitation

To: "Couzelis,William M." <William.Couzelis@CNA.com>
Subject: Re: Acceleration Hesitation
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 16:33:19 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Couzelis,William M. wrote:

> I recently put on a new intake/exhaust manifold gasket and put it all
> together, including the linkage.  It seems to start OK and run OK except
> for a hesitation upon initial acceleration.  Any ideas would be
> appreciated.

Test for vacuum leaks at the manifold to head interface. Use carb cleaner
or my favorite - PROPANE. If there's a leak, you'll find it real fast. You
might also want to hook up a vacuum gauge to make sure that you have
resonable vacuum.

> Bill Couzelis
> '71 TR-6

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx