RE: Engine Block

To: "Mike Pisani" <mpisani099@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Block
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:46:48 -0700
 Mike:

        A 0.060" overbore is just fine for street usage, and will eke
out a little more displacement and a couple more horsepower. The only
drawback is that if the engine needs to be rebuilt again, you must
either resleeve or scrap the block. Resleeving is fine for street use,
but you would probably want to avoid it for racing (maybe not, but it
seems that you would).
        If people weren't using those pistons, they would not be
available as there would be no demand. That being said, I would try the
0.040" option first, if for no other reason that to leave enough meat
for one more rebuild. It is not the end of the world if you take it all
the way to 0.060" though. There are plenty of motors around for
rebuilding, and will be for years to come. The bodies crumble into piles
of rusty cornflakes, but the motors hang around for a loooong time.

        Vance