Wiring issues ...

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring issues ...
From: "Marcus Schaper" <marcus@schaper.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:00:41 -0400
Hello all,

I just subscribed to this list - used to be on the Spitfires list years ago

Anyway, I came across a TR6 that was cheap because the DPO tried to redo the
dash and messed up the wiring in the process. I threw out the old harness
and replaced it with a good used one. Pretty much everything lines up fine
(with the help of the diagrams in the Bentley), however, the alternator
circuit confuses me. According to the Bentley diagrams all TR6 have
alternators with built-in regulatorss. However, my car and both harnesses
appear to have provisions for an external regulator. At least there is a
relay that reminds me very strongly of my Spitfire regulators and that I
cannot find anywhere in the diagrams ...

I have poste a few pics online that pretty much speak for themselves:
http://marcusschaper.de/tr6issues.htm

My questions are: what is the relay below the horn relay if it is not a
regulator? If it is a regulator, I should be able to ditch it since I am
using an internal regulator alternator - right? A pic of the alternator is
also on the same website. How would I then connect the wires - simply put
the fat brown one on the fuse box, ignore field, and ...? I cannot read the
pinout on the horn relay - can anyone help me with that?

Finally, there are two "mystery" items - I believe the buzzer and a
connector for the EGR warning light counter. Can someone please verify my
suspicion?

Thanks,
Marcus

76 TR6