brake ghost

To: owner-6pack@autox.team.net, 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: brake ghost
From: Colin Thom <colinthom@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:26:23 -0700
Hi Y'all...brake question. My brakes work fine...unless of course I
corner kinda hard, or take a curb at a funny angle coming out of a
driveway. In these cases they'll take a pump to get firm, and then
they're fine. BUT...sometimes, and only sometimes, when I'm at a red
light, the pedal will travel an alarming distance. I'll give it a coupla
pumps and then it's fine. When I get to the next red light, it'll feel
fine until I've held my foot on it for a while, then, sometimes, the
pedal will fade. It won't go all the way to the floor, but it'll need a
pump to get firm again. I've got 7000 mi on an Apple Hydraulics MC. I
bench bled it, and have bled the lines. No air. Any ideas? Thanks,
Colin.