RE: Hard start

To: "Davis, James N" <jndavis@ball.com>,
Subject: RE: Hard start
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:10:27 -0700
        Jim:

        The most obvious possibility is heat soak on the carbs. Since
your temp compensators are new, I suspect they are misadjusted (which
according to Nelson Reidel is common). The mixture is too rich when the
carbs overheat, and you may notice black smoke when she finally starts.
Once you start driving the car, the air moving under the hood cools the
carbs and the mixture returns to normal, so the car runs fine.
        I have attached a hyperlink to Nelson Reidel's article on how to
calibrate your temp compensators. Mine were waaaaay off when I checked
them. You will need a meat thermometer and some hot water to calibrate
them.

http://home.comcast.net/~v.navarrette/TR6_tech/TR250_carburetors_II.zip

        Cheers,

        Vance