RE: Clutch Master Cylinder - Rebuilding

To: "Jerry Guyot" <jguyot1@maine.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch Master Cylinder - Rebuilding
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:54:41 -0600
Do you mean the entire innards of the MC? If so you have to take the tipping
valve out. In the rearward opening for the resevoir is a large set screw, 1/2"
allen I believe, that has to come out, then the tipping valve comes out. That
should facilitate the innards coming out.

If your refering to the spring and rod after the assembly is out, then yes,
there is a tab that captures the spring on the rod that the spring goes over.
The fun part is pulling that tab back out on re-assembly. :o)

Shawn