Re: Sanity Check

To: jndavis@ball.com (Davis, James N)
Subject: Re: Sanity Check
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:33:21 -0700
Jim---The TR6 engine will run OK with the
distributor clocked "different" from the illustrations as shown in the
parts suppliers catalogues and repair manuals. However, it is better to
have the distributor body with the cap clips running near parallel with
the engine, and #1 sparkplug coming out of the cap near the 7 o'clock
position. It is relatively easy to change what you have to this more
common clocking, but does take several steps to get it this way. I would
be glad to outline these steps if you are of a mind to make the change.
As usual, the first time that this is done always takes the longest.
Figure on the better part of an hour, as there are many variables to be
covered.

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@autox.team.net From:
jndavis@ball.com(Davis, James N) Date: Wed, Aug 30, 2006, 10:37am
(PDT+1) To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net Subject: Sanity Check
I appreciate the help on the Hard Start problem I am experiencing, but
while going through all this I have realized that since I have owned the
car I have always felt that the distributor has been an issue. It has
always been "clocked" way father than what I see in other TR6's. I have
attached a photo showing my distributor with the rotor lined up with #1
cylinder. I also compared my cap wiring with a photo in the Bentley
manual. The manual shows the "coil wire notch" between the #2 & #6
cylinder wires, on my cap the "coil wire notch" has the #3 & #6 cylinder
wires surrounding it???????   Ok, guy's what is going on with this?
Can someone do a quick looksee on their engine and tell me what they
have?
Thanks again,
Jim Davis