Re: TR6 Ignition switch

To: edconn@cableone.net (Ed Conn)
Subject: Re: TR6 Ignition switch
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:12:23 -0700
Ed---Try turning the steering wheel back d forth slightly, as you turn
the key to "start".

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@autox.team.net From: edconn@cableone.net(Ed Conn)
Date: Sun, Sep 10, 2006, 9:30pm (PDT+1) To: 6pack@autox.team.net (6pack)
Subject: TR6 Ignition switch
My ' 76 TR6 ignition switch has a tendency to stick when I insert the
key to start the car. Specifically, when I try to start the car, the key
won't turn. At times it takes a couple of minutes of putting the key in,
trying to turn it, then taking it out and trying it all over again until
the key finally turns and starts the car. Is it possible to replace just
the key and ignition switch without replacing the whole steering wheel
locking mechanism? The latter seems like a lot of work.