Re: Alternator Charge & Battery

To: chris.lummis@sympatico.ca (Chris Lummis)
Subject: Re: Alternator Charge & Battery
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:22:46 -0700
Chris---It is responding to charge like a bad battery, but I'd still
have a volt meter placed across the battery before getting a new one. If
you don't have a volt meter, almost all stores that sell batteries do
this test for free.

Dick

From:
chris.lummis@sympatico.ca(Chris Lummis)
Hi guys,
I have recently noticed the ign light will come one and my volt meter
barely shows 12 v. I replaced the alternator but upon starting it, the
ign light is still on and the volt meter has not improved. With the
engine running there is NO difference ( increase ) to the battery. I
decided to put the battery on charge and see the it appears to be taking
a solid charge AND will not settle back to 0.

Does this sound like a bad battery now that a new alternator is in place
?
Cheers and Thanks
Chris