electrical issue

To: "6 Pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: electrical issue
From: Mark <whitetr6@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:42:58 -0400
Hi all,
Have a 76 TR6. Just had a very enjoyable drive TO my destination.
Didn't realize a couple of hours later when I came out that I had left
my parking lights on. Tried to start, and nothing. No click, no turn
on the engine. However, I do have power to the lights, all
accessories, etc. Red AMP light comes on with key in on position. Just
to be sure, I tried a jump from another vehicle, and same thing. No
response at all. So $150 later :-( it is back safely in the driveway
and I need to start the diagnosis. Where should I start? I'm lost on
electrical issues...oh, alternator rebuilt 2 years ago, starter
rebuilt last summer. Battery age under 5 years. Coil age unknown. Not
sure what else I should mention. Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks
guys as always

--
Mark