Re: Ethanol (getting political)

To: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ethanol (getting political)
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:59:10 -0400
At 6:12 PM -0700 9/20/06, michael lunsford wrote:
>The most significant positive thing I can say about ethanol, other
>than I prefer my ethanol in the form of scotch, is that at least
>I'll be giving my fuel money to someone in America instead of
>someone in the middle east who may be trying to use it to blow us/me
>up.

Unless the filling stations where you live are owned and operated by
foreign nationals, your money goes to Americans. They own the
stations and are unlikely to blow you up. If you buy your gas from
Citgo, know that Citgo is wholly owned by a Venezuelan company. Got
any Lukoil stations popping up? Russian oil. The bulk of the imported
oil is imported from North and South American suppliers.

As far as I've been able to understand the ethanol issue, those most
likely to make out are large agricultural firms with big pull in
Washington. What a surprise!
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (29 year owner)