Re: TR6 Hood hinges

To: "Mark Campbell" <MCampbell@bstg.com.au>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Hood hinges
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:52:14 +0000
From: "Mark Campbell" <MCampbell@bstg.com.au>

> Has anyone out there experienced their hood hinges allowing the leading edge
>of the hood to lift approximately 3/4 inch when driving? My hinge pins seem
>awful sloppy. Is there a fix besides replacing both hinges?

On my TR6, while the bonnet didn't raise up like you describe, I have had
several experiences, including on my own car, where the pivots became so sloppy
that it lead to an almost constant high pitched squeaking coming from the
hinges. Only hinge replacement cured the squeak. I and others have experienced
the leading edge of the bonnet raising on vintage race TR4's, but you usually
had to be going over 100 mph for that to happen.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Highland Park, IL